Just when you think you’ve gotten the hang of this whole parenting thing, your child starts sprouting teeth. And with that cute little jack o’ lantern smile come all kinds of unpleasant symptoms…crankiness, swelling, sleepless nights, and more. What’s a mom to do? Ease some of the (tooth)ache by making your own natural teething biscuits. These sugarless cookies won’t break; they simply soften and become soggy as Baby rubs them on his sore gums. It can take over thirty minutes just to get through one, so they’re great for road trips or dinner dates. Be forewarned, though – they are messy!
What You Need
1 cup baby cereal
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted to liquid form
2 apples, peeled and cored
1 ripe banana
3 egg yolks
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Process the banana and apple in a food processor until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the fruit, baby cereal, flour, coconut oil, and egg yolk until it comes together to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough or simply use your hands to shape thick biscuits. They should be large enough that your baby can’t fit an entire biscuit in his mouth at once.
- Cook for an hour, or until they have thoroughly hardened. Let them cool.
- Definitely give your baby a bib, and let him nosh away!